„Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity.“
- Charles Mingus
App development, to me it means the creation of intuitive digital tools for use in everyday life, respecting and protecting the users privacy. It is designing smart little programs following the concepts of calm computing. Writing apps as an independent software developer is arts and crafts producing artifacts tailored to user needs, service/life context and runtime environment.
My apps and programs do not collect any user data.
These are the virtues of my programming work, the code for coding so to say:
- Privacy, simplicity, calmness
- Peripheral integration into user perception
- Privacy by design: Ads free, no data collection, no tracking, no in-app purchase, no hidden fees, no subscription
- Native code only, full system integration
- Economic use of resources and elimination of redundancies to minimize errors and security vulnerabilities
- Small is beautiful: Low footprint single task apps based on native code to concentrate quality on the spot
Behind every program there is a person or a team of people who wrote the code. Even if some code is automatically generated, the code creating code, again, was written by humans. Therefore, every program is a medium of communication between user and programmer. There is a piece of humanity in every line of code, of every program running inside the machine.